blog assignment #1: create your blog
August 30, 2006
due: Sunday, September 3rd by 4pm
1. Go to wordpress.com
2. Click on “Get a WordPress Blog now”
3. Choose a username. Please note that this username will become part of the URL for your blog. For example, the username for this blog is expository, and the URL is http://www.expository.wordpress.com. In other words choose something that isn’t overly complex, is easy to remember, and is a little bit unique and/or “catchy.”
4. Enter email address; check yes to “the terms of service;” and choose “gimme a blog!”
5. On the next screen, create a title for your blog and click Signup.
6. Go to your email and activate your blog. When you activate your blog, you will be given your password. Please write this down and don’t lose it. You can change your password, but for now be sure you are able to log-in.
7. Login; click on your blog name/link on the right-hand side of your screen. This will take you to what is called your “Dashboard”–this is the place from which you control your blog–writing posts, making edits, changing the look of your blog, etc.
8. Click on “Presentation” and then choose a theme. This is what your blog will look like.
9. You now have a blog, and I need the URL or blog address. Again, this should look like http://www.username.wordpress.com. Your blog address appears at the top of browser screen in the Address or URL line. Please copy this address and email it to me (by Sunday at 4pm). Remember to follow the guidelines for emails as stated in the syllabus.
For a brief tour of/tutorial on your new wordpress blog, click here
10. To change your password go to Users and Update password.